Saturday, December 13, 2008

Why I buy KOs... mostly...

Here's my story....

Long time ago, I went to visit my god-auntie's family. They are rich, very rich, yet they are so kind, humble and down to earth... ok, not related... then they brought us out for lunch, and we kids go play in the toy section in a department store after the lunch... Then I got a gift... My god-cousin brought a Optimus Prime to my god-aunt, and ask her to buy and give it as a present to me... wow, Optimus Prime... but my mum saw the price ard $50, declined... in the end, e settle for a lesser price one... Doublecross ( Monsterbot)... So do I feel sad? Not at all, because I dun like Optimus Prime at all then, hahahahaha....... Prefer Doublecross, cos he's a dragon monster!!!!!!!! hahahha ... Anyway, Doublecross became my first (legit) transformer. That was more than 20 years ago, I think...

From then on, I go on to collect.... 0 transformers. Simply because my family is poor, cannot afford to buy.... I remember once I bought a Kabaya Swindle + Blast-Off kit from my pocket moeny, got cane like hell, hahaha.... Ocassionally I got a few small non-official transformers, but they are rare... And I must say actually I am not into Transfomers then...

Then came a few years ago, while shopping around in NTUC, I saw a box. It was the Combaticons. Feeling nostalgic (of my thrown away Swindle & Blast-Off), I bought the set... or rather, my mum bought it... haha... Slowly it grew on me.. Although I dun really like gestalts then, I slowly got to like combining of robots to form a huge one... Still I am quite choosy... till after some time, then I accepted most of the getalts.... And after Bruticus, I was hunting for Devastator... The hunt led me to find the micromaster getalts... and soon, I was having this new hobby, KO Transformers collecting...

But I always thought that a few pieces of plastics should not cost that much, its really too much.. OK, ok, I know the designers have a hard time designing the toys... Intellectual properties... yeah yeah, the "law"ful terms.... but they are not the one who reaps from the sales profits ok, its... you know who lah... so till now, I still will not buy a legit one if I can, unless the transformer is really cannot be realised by the KO party at all... etc... I collect other series too, like Brave, Eldoran, MRR (the gestalts), Macross... I have since started to dump the non-offical-series ones.. though I still kept some which are extremely nice... like one inspired from Shadow Dagwon...

Slowly, I also start to bash my KOs into the real deals, or as close as possible, unless they have their own uniqueness... or extremely difficult to do... I am arms with the most primitive kitbashers' tools, so kindda hard.... learn the tips and tricks the hard way... like super glue method (to tighten joints), I tried and then saw in some forums that some people already have done it...

Hence slowly, over the years, I started my collections... Hundereds of the KOs now sit/lie/store in my room... Hope I can finish building the display shelves by end of this year... Amonst the hundereds, only a handful are legit... lemme count...
(1) Doublecross
(2) WSTF Jazz/Meister
(3) WSTF Megatron
(4) WSTF Thrust
(5) Commeratative Series White G1 Astrotrain
(6) Encore Jazz/Meister
(7) Encore Metroplex
(8) Encore Sky Lynx
(9) Henkei Starscream
(10) Henkei Grimlock
(11) Classics Hot Rod (Rodimus)
(12) Classics Octane (Tankor)
(13) Henkei Ramjet
(14) Henkei Skyfire
(15) Movie All Sparks Stockade

hmm... my next legits? Possible Henkei Galvatron and Henkei Cyclonus... My next KOs?? .... unknown... though a Sixshot will be good... Animated series???? ... nah, too Teen Titans...

No comments:

Post a Comment