Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Older KO Transformers Mods - Macross Valkyrie, Hun-Grrr, Hardtop

Macross Valkyrie:
Ok, I bought 2 of these in a toy shop in Bugis some time ago, down street where there is Mac Donalds, Koo Kee Niang Toufu... 2 because there are 2 head moulds, although they are interhangeable. There is an extra set of (ugly) open hands too, to hold the gun, in addition to the holeless fists. Awesome enlarged KO of the entry level transformable Valkyrie toy. It also comes with a unknown bootleg of duocons wannabe... though I thrash them later....

Anyway, back to topic, this KO looks funny... After careful scrutinising, I realised its the chest plate + head is too high! So I scratch my head, work my brain, and then use my hands... ... Viola! A decent enough Valkyrie! Made the chest piece able to slide down, re-align the head position... just like the original transformation now!!! Removed the ugly stickers, looks even better... Should I repaint the red to white??? Maybe... maybe next year's December project....
No, I did not just swap the head, do for another one, so total 2 KOs done.

Gerwalk mode....

Jet mode....


Hun-Grrr:
I bought this as part of the KO Terrorcons "giftset"set, the set that comes with 2 KO Technobots. This Hun-Grrr is a little smaller than the original, I think, and suspect that thus, the KO maker remove some parts of the hand-fist mechanism to swivel. Looks very ugly, more ugly in real toy than the picture you see below... so , use some of the spare plastic to cover up the arm... a bit ugly still, but so much complete, the arms..
(below) Complete arms!!!!
Hardtop:
This is the cheaper KO that is used to form part of the crap Cybertron gestalt with a Rodimus Prime wannabe head... I almost bought all the members, but later give up after seeing how bad this gestalt looks... in fact I threw away the Lugnutz and Ransack... so I just concentrate on Hardtop and Brakedown (Kup repaint)....
(above) pic is from some website, I can't remember, so sorry, and thank you (whoever you are) for letting many other people see this KO...
(below) after bashig. As you can see, the original KO has the back as the front... so corrected... added some pegs and screws for swivelling the body... cut & reverse the head... tighten the joints... repaint... there!!! 95% true to the real deal....
More to come...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Akuna Prime ! Love your KO stuff. As proof follow this link to see a Valkyrie sculpture I did from one of the images in this post:
    http://ronvanderende.nl/?p=643
    Drop a line if you like !
    Cheers,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ron! Visited ur website, nice works you've got!!! Red Valkyrie legs still there, hahaha... nice... As I was browsing, it reminds me of my dad and uncle once made a bas-relief (of bronze I think) of a chinese dragon, more like painting, but was lost...

    ReplyDelete