Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Older KO Transformers Mods - Dreadlock (aka Cybertron Jetfire)

Right, here's a relatively simpler mod: Galaxy Force Dreadlock, otherwise known as Jetfire. The reason why I did not call him Jetfire is because I reserve "Jetfire" for the Macross Valkyrie mould... "But isn't he called Skyfire during the 1985/6/7 cartoon???" ... yeah, true, but Skyfire is used for my Henkei mould, whom I think looks a lot more closer to the cartoon... and the original toy for the Valkyrie mould is written Jetfire in the box.... hence I name this as Dreadlock as in the Japan Galaxy Force series to avoid confusion...

So what is this KO? Where is it bashed? Answer: This is an oversized LOC Dreadlock. I bought it in Thailand during the R&R while doing my reserbit. Very nice piece of KO, quite tight joints, relatively good plastic quality... As of my KO Kabaya-stlye LOC Dreadlock, I realised the LOC version is quite anime accurate... just a minor flaw... the fists show up obvious in jet mode!!!!!!!!!


OK, so I cut off his fists (ouch), attached a short piece of ice-cream stick to each, drill a hole, make some slots, drill holes on arms, & tighten fists to arms with the Tamiya plastic connector, I think... and here I have, a LOC-version Dreadlock with a more realistic jet mode, no fists!!!!

Can't remember why I cut off the upper arms for, though....

Nice cargo jet mode....

No comments:

Post a Comment