Sunday, December 25, 2011

Restoration - KO RID Galvatron (a.k.a. Gigatron)

KO Gigatron!!! Very very nice robot mode, powerful and menacing look... The colours are also quite close to the authentic one... Many important joints are loose, so while transformation is possible, the alternate modes cannot stand/transform properly... Took some time to fix back most of the joints, while a couple of the joints are still not as good as I wanted, the transformed modes are at least quite stable...




After restoring this figure, I realised the official modes for this figure is somewhat ridiculous for most of the modes, for example below...

Bat mode... with nose too long that looks more like a pig's nose???


Flying Dragon... ??? what the... ??


Devil Ostrich (designer's own mode...).. at least it looks a bit funny...


Refused to transform the figure into the other "ridiculous" modes, eg, hand (??!!), elephant/mammoth (??!!), etc...

As with many people, I believe this should be the official "official" mode for Gigatron, at least for the beasts/animals modes... This is because I could not find other proper animal heads other than this mode's dragon heads... But in comparison to say, Doublecross, this is still a bad design. The heads are too big in comparison to the body, or rather, the body is TOO MINI !!!! The dragon arms are too small and badly designed ball joints make tha arms easy to pop-off... Not my most favourite mode, but still I will consider it as the official alternate mode...


Gigatron can also transform into a car (technically speaking, a land transport vehicle), which is one of the three non-beast modes, with the other 2 being the jet and fast-craft/boat modes... I feel the head of the jet is more like the Griffon head, so did not consider the jet mode... And I was thinking, if Gigatron can fly, why would it travel by sea? More relaxing? Lesser fuel needed, with the rising cost of oil?? Well, whatever... Anyway, quite a nice looking car with a sleek look...


Griffon! My favourite alternate beast mode... Simply because it looks good, in both proportion and aesthetics...



"I am 1000 Megatron! I am Gigatron! Hahaha...!!!"

2 comments: