Friday, January 1, 2010

Kitbash - KO Grapple; Mods - KO Energon Inferno, KO Binaltech Hound

Its supposed to be my last post for 2009, but turns out to be my first in 2010, hahaha... anyway, here goes: my last mods for 2009...

KO Grapple
First of all, it is kitbashed from the rigid plastic KO snap-assembly (a.k.a. Kabaya style) Energon Inferno kit, with the hook from the Oversized G1 Devastator... Repainted the kit to orange, and realised the kit doesn't take spray paint very well... but way better than the oily KO Ramjet and much superior to the KO G1 Kabaya kits... Anyway, the idea to kitbash this comes from one day I need a scout size transformers... Saw this kit and thought to myself," Since I will not be buying the KO orange-coloured Classics Inferno, I might as well make one.. since in G1, Grapple and Inferno share the same mould, why not I use the Energon's to bash into Grapple?... since I have lots of extra hooks, surely 1 will be able to use...." and after some sweat, curse and swear... Grapple is born...


... bot mode... actually I sprayed it some time ago, but did not proceed to bash... problem with the kit is that the head has no face shield, so need to redo the head, such that now he "looks down" when transformed into the vehicle mode... nevermind lah, face not exposed ok already... Put the stickers supplied in the kit.. looks good...


KO Eenrgon Inferno
Remember this piece? Bought in April... One of the vainest TF I gotten... I mean, look at the lipsticked-coated lips, hahahaha.... so earlier repaired the head and repainted... now only the head... which I WANTED to be better hidden in vehicle mode...


...so I come up with this solution: Trim off parts of the shoulder pads and lower legs' knee area, and it worked! ... ok, not very snug, in fact, very tight... but the vehicle is able to maintain and not break apart, so what more can I ask for...

... hey, the gun barrel turns together with the "battery" (???)... I am leaving the missile out to let the gun look more like water hose...

... bot mode... oops, forget to push back his right face-mask...

...btw, for all the mods, I try my best to tighten all joints if possible... which actually is HARD WORK... tedious, I mean...
... Inferno & Grapple reunites!!!!...


KO Binaltech Hound
Haha, till now I cannot forget someone wrote in a forum to warn others not to buy this, which is a complete waste of money... which I somewhat agree... as I have been seeing many more better quality ones appearing after I bought this piece... but still, it is playable...
and sometimes, to me, simplified is not really a bad thing... Some parts/transformations need not to be so complicated... A good example I can think of now ... hmm... Oversized Classics Grimlock... You won't notice much difference in the bot or beast mode but the transformation is greatly simplified... back to this piece...
Got him a new gun and his infamous missile... did not like his given gun... and the missile seems to be also not included in the original Binaltech/Alternators version... yeap, the missile is from the retooled Doubledealer-wannabe in the KO Leo Kaiser set... cut off the whole body just to get this missile, hahaha.... The added a holding pin to the missile's holder (and drill a hole at the top of the back-wheel cover to insert this pin), drill a small hole at the holder's side, and then 1 holding pin to the side of the gun to put into the hole... confusing.. see pic of vehicle below to clarify...

... oh, and covered the slot that has a swivelling back door (the one with a spare wheel cover) to prevent it from sliding out during transforming...

Finally done!!!.. Ok, I know in the cartoon, there is no missile to be seen in vehicle mode.. but my missile is too big to store anywhere, so decided to just put the gun besides the missile, to at least leave some accuracy to the cartoon version... What I did not do also: replace the windscreen with transparent material... could have done it, but, heck...

...bot mode! ... Drill a hole at the shoulder joint to put in the missile... The colours are supposed to be a bit darker, by the way...

Hound!!!!!!

It suddenly strikes my mind that Classics Hound is sold together with Ravage is because they are both... dogs??? (Hound - name of a type of dog... , Ravage - looks like a dog...), in addition to the caging scene in one of the cartoon episode...


No comments:

Post a Comment