Sunday, May 22, 2011

Update #1: Simple Mod & Bash - G1 Encore Ironhide & Ratchet


Remember my earlier post on modding G1 Ironhide and Ratchet without cutting? Well, I give in to temptations and decided to DESTROY my encore pieces, in order for my Ironhide and Ratchet to be "reborn".... Below shows Ironhide done...




Very tough, but tried to follow what the awesome kitbasher in TFW2005 did... but my styrene piece break after I accidentally snapped it... and realised that the piece may be too brittle...


So after some fiddling, decide to use another method... which still allows Ironhide to have a more reasonable arm height position...


I joined the swivel piece (black round part with silver joint in the middle) to the side of the abdomen, which means when I rotate the body down, the arms also rotate downwards. The styrene pieces are used to form structure supports to hold on to the black swivel piece, and the underside, the red linkage piece that joins to the arm had to be made swivel... some trimming are needed, to have a smoother transformation... Then the add-on head lower part needs to be trimmed a little for the body to be able to rotate...


What now needs to be done is to do the mod on the seat as the great kitbasher on TFW2005 mentioned: cut out the part of the seat bottom so that it is not fixed to the windscreen...

Edit:
Ratchet also completed... At last now these TFs look like robots, like in the G1 cartoon... Oh, I also added a piece of styrene to cover the hole in the stomach, and silver stickered the hole in the crotch area...

No comments:

Post a Comment