Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mods - KO G1 Shockwave, G1 Hotspot, Targetmaster Firebolt, Classics Dirge

Had a few busy days lately... some major and minor mods, mainly want to "clear" the old KO TFs... repair/mod I mean... Some slightly major ones that I like to share...

G1 Shockwave
Yeap, I bought the cheap boxed one (the Handarm Passes version, .. or whatever) which has a unsightly trigger-crotch design in bot mode... So earlier this year (or last, can't remember) made a G1-trigger with spare plastic parts for him.. is ok, except I miscalculated and the trigger gets in the way of the handle (legs) in gun mode... so remake the trigger with polystyrene sheet...


Now the legs can go fully in as handles...


... and bot mode has more sightly crotch....


G1 Hotspot (Protectobots Leader)
Dunno if it is my KO or is it the design, but in transforming Hotspot into gestalt body, the ladder weight behind pulls the head down. Have attempted to mod it but it hinders the ladder position in vehicle mode, so re-mod the gestalt head... with a simple solution... the old pin and hole method!

...secure and absolutely does not hinder ladder position in vehicle mode... but sigh, broke the arm joint when I kay-kiang try to tighten the joint.. now fixed but not sure it will last, cos its only surface joint via superglue, without any reinforcements... hope will last long...

Targetmaster Firebolt (Update)
Earlier post I blog about my kitbash of a Targetmaster for my Classics Hot Rod.. so now took some time to give it a G1 counterpart colour...


... gun mode...


Would love to "chrome" the whole legs but... too tough and time consuming to do so... Some shots taken with his nemesis, Nightstick...

... will post pics of Firebolt and Hot Rod next time...

Update: Pics of Classics Hot Shot with Firebolt...





Classics Dirge
Earlier I also posted my KO Classics Ramjet... very nice KO with all movements except the rotating lower legs... and side wings connectors wrongly assembled...

... the KO is at right side (white wings) ...

... and so I repainted into Classics Dirge... my second attempt in bashing/repainting a Dirge, the first failed attempt I used a spare RM Starscream and paint-pen... this time use spray paint... although effect is nicer and more even, the oily plastic surface is not absorbing the paint well,, very much like the KO Kabaya case, only slightly better... Use paint paint to touch up and realised it sticks much better... anyway, also use super glue to toughen up contact areas... tried to use brown acrylic paint (or poster colour? Can't remember...) with a paint brush for the wings but again the plastic surface prove too oily... Used orange colour paint pen instead... Pic below shows Dirge (left) with my Henkei Ramjet...
I actually use the Henkei's colour scheme but retain Classics's theme in my Dirge, so its a mix, hahaha...

Some mod I did to Dirge to cover up the face in jet mode... borrow the concept from Henkei Ramjet too...

... close up view of Dirge in jet and robot mode in pics below (use camera without flash to capture the detailings on the body)...



next coming up? not sure... very tired... but have fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment