Sunday, December 30, 2018

Side-Tracked: Recent Haul of KOs (226 A) - KO ( Downsized ??? ) Optimus Primal ( Transformers Beast Wars )

A very simplified KO of the original Ultra Class Optimus Primal from the Beast Wars series.... I think... This KO is about deluxe size, and the plastic used is quite towards the polypropylene "shampoo bottle" type but still hard. Not sure if this type of plastic can take super-glue, as I wanted to restore the robot chest plate and so some painting to the parts. I personally don't quite like organic-alternate-mode transformers, but this Optimus Primal seem to slowly grow on me... perhaps is the simple transformation which I prefer recently...


Sadly the weapons cannot be stored in gorilla mode, and the handle of the skull mace cannot be pulled out...


Gorilla mode... looks pretty good!


Even comes with the mutant head / mask feature!!!





4 comments:

  1. Where did you got this?
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I bought him but was disappointed by bot mode.
    I'll give him some minor repaint and leave him as a bad ass gorilla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of agree, cos my disappointment with this figure is the missing chest plate gimmick in robot mode rather than the aesthetics of the robot design... paint app is quite sloppy too... But it is a rare mold, so can forgive these shortcomings...

      Delete