Sunday, August 2, 2009

Side-Tracked: Recent Haul of KOs (14)

After RT today, went over to central for shopping groceries and necessities... pass by the same photocopying kiosk again... and fell prey to KO TFs again... hahahaha......

Classics Ramjet
Eyeing this piece already since yesterday, when I bought the Universe Drag Strip... but tahan, cos already have the Henkei piece liao.... so think overnight, decide to get this if pass by the kiosk again, if it still has not been sold... yeap, the 2 pieces are still there... Quickly grab it... Again, after de-tombing it to inspect (and play, of course), it is a very, very, very close match to the original, about 95%.... only missing flippable chest wheels, 1 piece moulded head, some plastic joints / metal screws replacing the metal rivets, and colour difference... but the stripes are similar... Best is the arm joints are intact, and weapons CAN fire!! Can you believe it? This is almost a bootleg version, with KO materials.... Am planning to paint and bash into Dirge... Henkei Classics Dirge, perhaps with small wings of Henkei Dirge...


Some comparisons of my Henkei Ramjet versus KO Classics Ramjet.... Unbelievable...


... robot modes... notice I did not bother to transform the side wings (jointed at body) of Henkei Ramjet, and that the KO's missing his side wings? Because the wing joints are replaced by plastic peg moulded to the body, and they break the moment I rotate them (quite gently too)... so drill a small pilot hole and replace the broke peg by a small screw... same for the other side too.... which this way should be similar to the original, just that the original uses a metal rivet as pin... Sweet....


Rapid Run
Ok, Rapid Run is a repaint of Armada Sideways... Since I already gotten the Cybertron Sideways (another gem...), I decide to call this by its repaint version.. Anyway, the colour scheme is closer to Rapid Run too... I originally decide to buy this only because I wanted to give the Movie Bumblebee bought yesterday a better opponent (in term of body size and height)... yes, I am that weird, i always buy a pair of transformers, to keep the balance in check... hahaha.... I saw this KO this year in many places and cheaper too... but did not buy... if only I know how fun this piece of KO is, I would have gotten it earlier... Hey, the 2 fellas are not only headmasters, but Energon combiners too!!!!!! They can combine to form a bigger guy to ride Rapid Run in motorbike form!!!! Cool....


...close-up view of the contents... As I de-tomb them, I slowly find the fun of it... Of course, some parts are loose and not fitting... but all can be solved.... I decide to arrange the limbs in a nicer aesthetics looking way too, for the headmasters when they form the heads...


Sigh, nowadays it is so difficult to find KO TFs in Singapore... I mean good ones.... not some hilariously ridiculous types... Am so happy these 2 days... founded gem...


No comments:

Post a Comment