Monday, August 31, 2009

Side-Tracked: Recent Haul of KO (16)

Classics Starscream

My haul for today... bought in a 7-11 store... for only $6.90!!!!!! Cheap.... so is it good? Let's see... The box packaging is nice... although a bit fanciful... I think I got the other 2 in this series (Cybertron Sideways and Cybertron Thundercracker, I think...) very good KOs, save that they like to simplify the hand/elbow joints... same for this as well...


Comparison with the Henkei counterpart... no reduction in size... at first I thought the plastic will be the flimsy brittle type, but then after de-tombing it, I realise it is made of a slightly above average plastic... not too bad! Think the colour scheme is quite similar to the Classics version... Best of all, the canopy plastic is clear type!!




Underneath view of the jets... realise the chest turbine/wheels can be flipped out like the real one (as compared to the KO Ramjet's chest turbine wheels are moulded...)


Bot mode comparison... very nice! Except for the head is a bit ... eh... fat, yeah, that's the word... but if look from far can't really see, or if is going to repaint into another seeker (which I will be doing - into Sunstorm or Acid storm...), then slight head mould is good for a new character...


Final verdict: I like the plastic, the design... almost all transformation (parts) are the same, even the weapons can fire (but a bit weaker)... What I would like is Ramjet's configuration - elbow joints to be there, and swivelling knee joints to be sacrifice. Nevermind, I will bash them later... So at $6.90 (SGD!!!! Not USD), it is well worth it... Recommended for grown-up collectors whom doesn't grumble about little things... and bashers who want to create an army of seekers... I love this mould, hahaha....

Edit:
I cannot tahan and shaved some baby fats off the face of KO Classics Starscream; looks better now....



No comments:

Post a Comment