Friday, May 22, 2009

Update : KO Kabaya Assembled - Cliffjumper / Brawn

My hands went itchy last night, and I cannot help but assemble the 2 of the KO Kabaya kits I bought recently... And I am thrilled! So, presenting toy you.... (G1) Cliffjumper and Brawn!

They are the key-chain versions, with little hooks to hold keys.. I wouldn't do that though...
Vehicle modes below.... (Cliffjumper - left; Brawn - right)


Transform! Brawn (left) and Cliffjumper (right)...
*NOTE : I mis-assemble the arms of Cliffjumper, so they are shown opposite in all the pictures here, I have since make swapped them.

(1) Cliffjumper
Ok, I first thought of only trimming the sprues, but in the end, cannot resist the temptations of assembling... very neat little car, most parts are tight, something quite unusual for a KO Kabaya... though I may use the new plastic glue to just thicken the diameter for 1 of the arm swivel-joint pin...


Notice the face really resembles that of the Classics Bumblebee's? Very nice... and best thing, it is red, like the original colour! Hahaha....


(2) Brawn
Look at the extremely details of moulding... Took a long time assembling this little piece, cos, the instructions was wrong... Have to check out the Internet for pics...


Arms are VERY tight! But the legs are loose, due to the 2 halves of the bodies, that has a slot to slide and swivel the leg joints, are not accurate when joined, with surplus that blocks the slot from being close together. So I trim and test, trim and test... then they get a bit loose... may need to use the plastic glue to make the top part of the slot smaller, and join the body really tight together... but overall, very neat little figure!


Size comparison with the a authentic G1 Bumblebee (also key-chain version)... Same size! No reduction!


Reunion of the Minibots!
Can't wait to get my hands to work on the others....

2 comments:

  1. Hi leo, I got them in a stationery shop in Tampines Mart, around 2 yrs ago (post before this). Nowadays very difficult to find this type of KO Kabaya-type kits for TFs, wonder if it is because of the materials used, got a smelly smell after packet is opened...

    ReplyDelete