Saturday, March 31, 2018

Restoration 3 - KO Combiner Wars Combaticon / Bruticus - Slots for Gestalt Chest Plate Tabs

This KO CW Onslaught uses CW Hotspot's mold for the shoulder piece, so there are no slots for the gestalt chest plate's tabs to fit in, causing the shoulder pieces to move together when you rotate the gestalt arms... So, could not resist the temptation to restore this part, and did this in about 2 hours (!!!) ... Hahahaha... Yah, took so long to cut 2 slots as I was also watching my variety show while doing this restoration... I initially thought I can just drill 2 holes at each end of a slot and use a penknife to cut out the slot, but the plastic prove too hard, so I end up having to disassemble the shoulder piece and cut the slot... Picture below shows 1 slot done...


Picture below shows the tabbing in the chest plate as in the original mold design... Works well!


Not much difference in appearance, but stability of shoulder pieces are achieved... I still prefer the arms of Onslaught to be hidden in gestalt mode...


Back view of Bruticus to show my arrangement of Onslaught's arms...


And finally the side view...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this tutorial! My KO Bruticus works so much better with the knees fixed and the slots cut for the chest plate.

    ReplyDelete