Friday, August 29, 2014

Update: KO Undersize AOE 1st Edition Optimus Prime

Could not resist the temptation of fixing up my KO Undersize AOE 1st Edition Optimus Prime... It actually feels like a slightly cheap KO in a good good box, and also needs some fixing, but I will still recommend it... if you have the time and resources to fix... I will only be mentioning some of the more major mods I did...

First on the list is the fixed head. I sliced off the head with a penknife (very very very tough as the neck gap to slide in the penknife is very small and the neck is solid plastic... Have to still fill up some gaps after removing the head... Then the head has a small home drilled to allow a small screw to secure from inside of the body to the head...


And now the head can twist... Hahaha... Closer look of the head... Oh, I also painted the head to resemble the movie colour scheme a bit closer...


Next I clean off the excess plastics inside the slot holes that will peg in the back and front of the truck cab using a penknife as well... Without doing so, the pegs will not go in flushed ...


Now the pegs can go in nicely...


Also did up some minor paint touch up, mostly the missing silver paint apps found on original version... Picture shows the sides of the front bumper is finally painted silver...


The truck cab's back is initially unpainted blue plastic, so I also used a silver paint pen to paint it silver... Looks much better to me, though I will probably not see this part when I display it in the Detolf cabinet...


And finally the sword... The sword has a long peg to allow connecting to.... somewhere... but there is no where in this KO that can do so... So I first slice off the peg to make it shorter and hence not so obvious...


... then drill a small hole at the buttock area which just nice is facing the ground in truck mode, so as to fit in the sword's peg in truck mode...


... and it worked nicely... Also painted both sides of the sword to have the red colour parts...


Finally ready to pose!!!


Now my OP can turn his head in different poses! Hahahaha....

Even holding the sword in both hands!!! Nice...



p.s. I gave up the shield-gun thing as I just find it ridiculous on the truck and literally destroys the truck mode. Also I figured it may also take some time to fix on the peg oversize issue, so in the end decided to keep it in a "safe" place... forever... hahahahaha....

No comments:

Post a Comment