Saturday, August 14, 2010

Side-Tracked: Recent Haul of (non) KOs (61) - G1 Commemorative Piranacon

Unable to resist the temptation #1, I relented and bought the G1 Commemorative Piranacon today, at TRU Suntec. Was quite surprised that it actually cost only $79.90, much less than the G1 Blaster reissue ($99.90)!!! My actual price is $59.90, as I used my redeemed vouchers, so quite happy with the price factor. So how is this piece, well...

Box looks good, like the Hasbro Masterpiece packaging (I think)... or at least it is similar to my KO Masterpiece Optimus Prime... The accessories are hidden in the box at the lower layer, and luckily, I have all accessories, all accounted for...


Back of box is typical... however, the pictures are not true reflections of the figures inside, some colour changes...


Nice artwork...


The other side of box...


... Out of box... Looking closely:

(1) Overbite (Gun) is missing a big rivet in the fish arm facing front (has used a washer-screw to secure the fish-arm already)
(2) Overbite's other fish arm has the rivet, but is not pushed in all the way...
(3) Skalor has a loose screw in its... groin area... (repaired threaded hole with super glue and re-screw in)
(4) Stress marks on the legs of Snaptrap (red/pink plastic)... well, actually the stress marks are unavoidable for that type of plastic, so... anyway, if they don't break, then its OK for me...


Very good piece of gestalt TF, finally able to own a Piranacon at an affordable price (less than $60)!!!

p.s. Yes, my temptation #2 is G1 Blaster reissue, but after looking at the price tag, I overcame it... will wait for lelong...

No comments:

Post a Comment