Saturday, September 11, 2010

Simple Mod & Bash - G1 Encore Ironhide & Ratchet

Got these 2 at a good price the last time... but still I do not want to cut off parts to become like this AWESOME mod that some guy did... Now that is really really AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, I am so tempted to start cutting the black joint now as I am typing... I mean, just 1 simple additional joint... wow... Ok, if temptation still exists in December, then will go & buy the custom heads and follow the guy's mod... until then, I'll have to use this mode...

So below are the original but cute robot modes of our favourite G1 Ironhide and Ratchet...


And reborn!!!! More humanoid form!!!!


Ok, basically I tried not to touch anything on the TF itself, not painting nor even using a drop of superglue when joining the abdominal-piece.... So just bashed a head (and the abdominal piece...)

So for Ironhide:



...and that is where I hid the head...



Close-up view of the head...

Next, Ratchet... Had a different connector and connection than Ironhide's as this head can fit into the van seat...


Oh, by the way, my Ratchet came with 2 left caterpillar threads, so had to so some simple modding... yeap, this is the only time I waste (drilled) these 2 pieces... No choice... sigh... can't really see the hole right? Yeap, used a silver sticker to cover up the tip of the red connector rod which protrudes out of the hole...

yeap, head & connector hidden in the seat...

So these 2 bots look good only from the direct front...




Should I? Should I not? Should I? Should I not?....

No comments:

Post a Comment