Saturday, June 19, 2021

Transformers Kingdom Galvatron ( after Shoulders Fix and Battle-Damage Paint Removal )

Decided to purchase this at OG Chinatown for SGD 99.90 instead of through agent at Taobao, which I probably will pay around $15 + - less... but considering the time delay, I purchased this when I saw it on the shelf.

Sadly, all the Galvatron figures on the shelf are the mis-assembled  version. Luckily the fix is not that difficult, but then, it will definitely be much easier for me if my hands are not injured. Took longer time and also have to improvise e.g. using 2 screwdrivers to act as opposite levers to force open while assembling back, etc. Surprisingly, the plastic material is quite quite flexible, like if this is the Titans Return Galvatron instead, its plastic will definitely snap and break when flexed this much. The shoulders aesthetics look so much better better and correct after the fix.

Also took some time to remove the battle-damage paints using those 70% mini alcohol swabs but some stains still remain, and also it seems the paint has "scratched" the plastic surface at some areas. Anyway, did my best already.  Also have to file a bit off in order to swing and keep his head in place properly...

Very nice TF, especially in robot mode, looks almost exactly like G1 cartoon Galvatron... The cannon mode however, still has room for improvements. Maybe I am just nitpicking, but I felt the robot arms can do better than just bend towards together to form the caterpillar treads connector, as it looks really "raw" and awkward. The back of the cannon stabilizer is not really similar to the G1 cartoon which had it coming from the mid-bottom f the cannon body and stretch out backwards... Tried my best to recreate with the toy's one angled, which I think looks much better than the g1 toy style homage version aka official transformation...  but I cannot complain on this as this is a Kingdom line figure, not Studio Series 86 line, so it can not be at any fault if it does not look like G1 cartoon. But is good enough for me anyway, and love the details... Eagerly anticipating Wreck Gar and Gnaw....

No comments:

Post a Comment