Saturday, June 23, 2018

Update : Fiddling / Restoration of Jinbao ( Jin Bao ) Oversized KO Feral Rex a.k.a. Predaking 金宝 冲云霄

With the release of the POTP Predaking, I cannot help but reach for my old Jinbao KO Oversized Feral Rex and fiddle around with it... and to do the restorations that I did not do last time... or upgrade the restoration... First up, I removed the old non-slip mat on the gestalt feet and rip off the hot glue that was used to form the surface for sticking... not as easy... luckily got the help of the label-remove liquid bought from Daiso, else, the super sticky goo from the double side tape is very stubborn.... Used a thick foam mat to cut out the shape and then cut out the holes and depressions needed to fit into the cavity... Done!!!! As good as the previous non-slip mat method...


Tested out if the buffalo and rhino are able to still mount the feet-cannon on their backs... OK!


Next, I wanted to attach the tail and the robot-face-cover to Leo Dux's beast mode, but found out that the tail is overly oversized and cannot attach onto the twin cannons in robot mode via the intended pegs/tabs. Also, Jinbao added 2 extra tabs on the tail pieces for tabbing into the gestalt hand which will allow Feral Rex to hold the weapon's handle, so I have to cut off the extra tabs only on 1 side. This will allow Feral Rex to still hold the weapon's handle (Leo Dux tail) if needed next time...


And realized the 2 sides to cut off are the same side, hahahaha... Then I cut and slowly trim the 2 tabs to fit onto the twin cannons of Leo Dux...


Also manage to find the way to attach the robot-face cover to the tail halves, which allows me to store everything on Leo Dux robot mode...


Then my hands get itchy and I decided to correctly swap back the animal feet of Bovis and Fortis... and broke 1 of the ball joint peg in the process... and injured my palm while trying to remove the broke-off ball peg from the socket... sigh... still, finally manage to repair the peg... Luckily... and also painted Fortis's rhino feet to black... All done!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment